This Christmas has barely passed, and I'm already making plans for the next one. Since I know that my Christmas Forest is a thing of not-to-be-repeated legend, I've been looking for other ways to spread holiday cheer in my home. I do admit that I like to see it, especially when I saw how much difference a few throw pillows made this year. I also liked how I used some decorations for the first time that I've literally had for well over a decade. Crafters around the world know that it makes perfect sense to buy items that catch the eye because they will be used...one of these days!
I've also got an idea for how to showcase some of my special ornaments, which is very necessary since I no longer decorate thirteen trees. (Hey--thirteen is my lucky number!)
But enough talk about Christmas decorations. I'd better head straight on out to the corral because some of those links are sounding rather miffed. (Or maybe they're still a mite hungover from New Year's Eve? They did get pretty rowdy....) Head 'em up! Moooooooooooove 'em out!
►Books, Movies & Other Interesting Tidbits◄
- This woman learned a very important lesson after calling the police on a struggling mother-- and it's a lesson we all should keep in mind.
- Here's why pearls no longer cost a fortune.
- The 2018 Golden Globe nominees are chock-full of literary adaptations.
- On the ubiquitous, economy-shaping, library-defining Billy bookcase.
- A close reading of the best opening paragraph of all time.
►Channeling My Inner Indiana Jones◄
- Work on Los Angeles' subway has uncovered a treasure trove of Ice Age fossils.
- In Luxor, two tombs dating back 3,500 years unveil their secrets.
- Ancient bronze soup bowls are among the plundered treasures discovered in a 3,000-year-old tomb in China.
- Medieval secrets are being uncovered in the excavation of a cemetery in Dundee, Scotland.
►Channeling My Inner Elly Mae Clampett◄
- Can you spot the snow leopard caught by an Australian photographer?
- How the arrival of one bird brought $223,000 to a Pennsylvania town.
- The ballad of Luna the pig and Cloud the dog.
- Harshita Tak, Usha Mary, and Komal Darira are three Indian women taking on their country's male-dominated travel industry.
- Sohan Singh is a much-loved bookstore's much-loved doorman in Jor Bagh, India.
- Caleb Green is a four-year-old who read one hundred books in one day, and his parents streamed it all on Facebook live.
►I ♥ Lists◄
- 2017 in books according to Amazon Charts.
- Twenty-four of the best books to gift to the strong feminist in your life.
- Ten books that remind us of the best and worst parts of high school.
- The eight best books to understand Kenya.
- Twenty-five of the absolute best cozy mystery series.
- These nine Arizona towns have the silliest names but are well worth a visit.
- The best crime books of 2017.
- The sixteen best thrillers of the last one hundred years.
That's all for this week! Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll be sharing a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure.
Have a great weekend, and read something fabulous!