It's that time again! The Poisoned Pen Bookstore has been doing an excellent job of keeping me supplied with reading material, and the best thing I can do is to share the wealth.
This week it's Russ Thomas' Firewatching, a book that I called "a gold mine for character-driven readers." Here's the synopsis of the book:
As the sole representative of South Yorkshire's Cold Case Review Unit, Detective Sergeant Adam Tyler is not expected to get results, but he knows this is the case that might finally kick start his floundering career. Luckily, he already has a suspect. Unluckily, that suspect is Cartwright's son, the man Tyler slept with the night before.
Keeping his possible conflict-of-interest under wraps, Tyler digs into the case alongside Amina Rabbani, an ambitious young Muslim constable and a fellow outsider seeking to prove herself on the force. Soon their investigation will come up against close-lipped townsfolk, an elderly woman with dementia who's receiving mysterious threats referencing a past she can't remember, and an escalating series of conflagrations set by a troubled soul intent on watching the world burn . . ."
~~~What One Lucky Person Will Win~~~
- One autographed hardcover edition of Russ Thomas' Firewatching. It has a protective mylar cover on the dust jacket, and has been gently read once.
- To be entered in the drawing, send an email to kittlingbooks(at)gmail(dot)com.
- The subject line of your email must read Firewatching Giveaway.
- The body of your email must have your name and mailing address.
- Send your entries to me by noon, Sunday, August 16, 2020.
- Due to the high cost of postage, this giveaway is open to US residents only.
~~~The Small Print~~~
Very Important: If your emails are missing any of the required information, i.e., the correct subject line and your name and mailing address, you will not be entered to win. How do you know if you've been entered? If you have not received an email from me within 24 hours which says, "Your entry has been received. Good Luck!" you'll know something went wrong. That's okay. Try again!
The winner will be notified by email, and the announcement will be made here on Kittling: Books on Monday, August 17, 2020. The book will go out in the mail the very next day.