No, this isn't the New and Improved Weekly Link Round-Up, but something else here has been transformed. When I first bought this house in 1981, it was white with dark green trim and a mahogany-stained door. Shortly afterwards it was painted white with black trim and the door was left alone. It's stayed that color scheme ever since. Until now. The drastic change in color was something I've had in mind for years, but I didn't settle on any new colors until our roof was whacked by that storm with its golf ball-sized hail. The new roof is brown, and that's what led me to the new colors. The one thing that you can't see clearly is that the front door is now a bright blue. What do you think?
|Casa Kittling Before|
|Casa Kittling After|
Books, Movies & Other Tidbits
- How many of these classic mystery novels have you read?
- Ian Rankin has been named Scotland's favorite author of all time.
- Goodreads makes it easy to talk to your favorite author.
- UK rules eBooks aren't books as far as taxation is concerned.
- If you need any convincing that solar roadways are the future, this video will help.
- After finding $40,000 in a thrift store couch, roommates return the money.
- Linda Grant admits that she has killed her library.
- One couple's incredible Harry Potter-themed wedding.
- Ray Bradbury's house is for sale.
- The habits of British book readers.
- Say what? The BBC didn't think Benedict Cumberbatch was sexy enough to play Sherlock Holmes. Ooooooooooooooooooooookay....
- While Amazon and publisher Hachette duke it out, you can't preorder J.K. Rowling's new book. Written under her Robert Galbraith pseudonym, it's the second Cormoran Strike book, The Silkworm.
- Target will be offering eBooks through a partnership.
- Maya Angelou has died at the age of 86. Here are 13 of her best quotes.
Channeling My Inner Indiana Jones
- This isn't the first time that bits of Columbus' ship the Santa Maria have claimed to have been found.
- The dinosaur that survived mass extinction.
- A gold mine which is allegedly haunted by the "Blue Devil" is listed for $6 million (and Denis and I have been there).
- Richard III's burial place has been decided by the court.
- PBS's Nova will be exploring D-Day from the ocean's depths.
- Hidden paintings have been revealed at the ancient temple of Angkor Wat.
- Believe it or not, your earwax says a lot about you.
- A California couple's buried gold coins have come up for sale.
- An extraordinarily rare Crusade-Era seal has been discovered in Jerusalem.
I ♥ Lists
- 11 book sequels you probably didn't know existed.
- 8 literary homes you can buy right now.
- 47 charming facts about children's books.
- 22 books you need to read this summer.
- 20 new non-fiction books that will make you smarter.
- How to co-exist with your books.
- Bespoke libraries-- joining book love with interior design.
- The home of a woman who loves books.
That's all for now. Hopefully there's a link or two here that caught your fancy. Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure. Have a great weekend!