During this pandemic, I know that receiving a book in the mail is one sure way to brighten my day, and with that in mind, I've decided to give away my gently read and germ-free copy of The Spoilt Quilt and Other Frontier Stories: Pioneering Women of the West so someone else can enjoy it. It's an anthology of short stories that made my Best Reads of 2020 list, and if you're interested, here's my review.
"The Spoilt Quilt and Other Frontier Stories edited by Hazel Rumney features sixteen brand-new stories that will delight historical fiction fans. These stories capture the spirit of freedom and individualism in the evolving American frontier through the early 1900s and feature pioneering women of the West who face life-changing challenges in settings that are in stark contrast to civilized society. Ranging from high-action traditional Westerns to introspective historical dramas set in the American West, readers will discover previously untold stories about the strong women that shaped the iconic American West.
In this anthology, you'll enjoy stories by New York Times bestselling and award-winning authors such as Sandra Dallas, Deborah Morgan, Charlotte Hinger, Larry D. Sweazy, Sharon Frame Gay, Matthew P. Mayo, Randi-Samuelson Brown, C. K. Crigger, W. Michael Farmer, Candace Simar, P. Grady Cox, Marcia Gaye, John D. Nesbitt, Patricia Stoltey, Paul Colt, Preston Lewis."
As someone pointed out in the comment section of my review, none of the stories represent women of color, which is indeed an oversight, but I hope that won't stop you from entering to win, read, and enjoy this collection.
- To enter, send an email to kittlingbooks(at)gmail(dot)com.
- The subject line of the email must read "SPOILT QUILT GIVEAWAY."
- The body of the email must include your name and mailing address. (No, your name and address will not be kept for nefarious purposes after the contest ends.)
- Due to the high cost of postage, this giveaway is for US residents only.
- Your entry must be received by noon on Sunday, April 19, 2020.
~~~A Little Fine Print~~~
- Only one entry per person.
- If your email contains all the necessary information, you'll receive an email stating "Your entry has been received-- Good Luck!" within 24 hours. If you don't receive that email within 24 hours, try, try again.
- The winner will be notified by email and an announcement made on the blog Monday, April 20, 2020.
- The book will be carefully packaged and in the mail by Tuesday, April 21 at the latest.
Now it's time to fill up my inbox with entries!