Links are a bit light on the ground this week. As many of you know, Denis and I were clobbered by a nasty stomach virus last week. For me this meant that I didn't pick up a book, and I didn't turn on my computer. (Like I said-- nasty!) There have been weeks that were bulging with links, so this one just evens out the score a bit.
The good news is that Denis is bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and back to work. Me? I'm still getting a bit tired if I forget and try to woge into a super hero (any Grimm fans?), but I'm back to attending events at The Poisoned Pen!
Let's see what I did manage to round up for you....
♦ Books, Movies & Other Interesting Tidbits ♦
- T.S. Eliot's old summer home may become a writers' retreat.
- This time Amazon is having difficulties renegotiating contracts with HarperCollins, so it may be a good idea to learn where else you can buy this publisher's eBooks.
- A leading marketing expert thinks that-- when it comes to books-- libraries and publishers should be working hand in hand.
♦ Channeling My Inner Indiana Jones ♦
- Recently discovered World War I graffiti has shed new light on soldiers' experiences.
- Here's some fascinating info on the robbed Roman villa that was found in Yorkshire.
- The top ten historical forensic facial reconstructions.
- If you know how to look, ghostly faces and invisible verse can be found in a medieval text.
- On the somber anniversary, the chair in which Lincoln was shot takes center stage.
♦ Channeling My Inner Elly Mae Clampett ♦
- Thankfully this bouquet was delivered to a caring person!
- If you're in the mood for adorable tiny animals, I found 28 for you.
♦ I ♥ Lists ♦
- The 11 greatest children's books.
- 6 novelists who didn't publish until they were 40.
- 16 cool must-haves for the budding author.
- The illustrated guide to author wardrobe staples.
♦ The Happy Wanderer ♦
- 28 lighthouses that have stood the test of time (and weather).
♦ Book Candy ♦
That's all for now. Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll be sharing a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!
Have a great weekend-- and read something fabulous!