I haven't done much all week except relax, read good books, and enjoy myself. Tomorrow night I have a party to attend, and-- according to my calendar-- next month will be a blur of author signings at The Poisoned Pen followed by our usual birthday and anniversary celebrations. Somewhere in all that, I have to get all these Christmas decorations put away, but I have the storage boxes so organized that takedown isn't a problem. I hope that you have had some time to relax and enjoy yourselves, and if you're feeling like doing a bit of surfing, then here are some links I've found for you!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- One comment that made a lot of difference.
- One of these days, luck like this is going to head to Phoenix: a man wins the New Hampshire lottery with a ticket that was sold to him in error.
- Am I supposed to be shocked? --Online retailers often vary their prices based upon a user's location.
- I just finished reading (and enjoying) the third Gunn Zoo mystery by Betty Webb. Let her tell you the true story behind The Llama of Death.
- Have you heard of the Little Free Libraries that have sprung up around the world? Meet the Wisconsin man who started it all.
- Five ways to organize your reading piles.
- Two wonderful archaeological finds: a 3,000-year-old temple discovered in Israel, and an ancient arts center found in Rome.
- According to Publishers Weekly, eBook reading rises while print reading dips. (I don't have to do my year end post and graphs to know that this holds true for me, even though it's a tiny dip.)
- Get it quick! One of my best reads this year, Todd Borg's Tahoe Trap is FREE for Kindle through December 29.
- Ever wonder what happens to authors when their publisher goes bankrupt?
- Interesting... Amazon seems to be mounting a silent crusade against eBook reviews.
New to My Google Reader
That's it for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!