Even Denis has made remarks about how empty the house looks now that the Christmas decorations are packed away for another year. I have to admit that, although there have been some years that I didn't want to take them down, this year was not one of them. I'm already looking forward to the end of January when Denis and I will be celebrating our tenth anniversary down in Bisbee. Ten years may not seem like much to you, but when a person (me) doesn't intend to ever get married and then changes her mind at the age of forty-seven, ten years is close to astounding. Our wedding anniversary happens to be on my birthday. I wanted it that way because Denis is the best present I've ever given myself.
Enough mush! Let's see what kind of links I managed to round-up this week....
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- Venerable Bookhouse owners share a life among the stacks.
- The handwritten prayer book love notes sent by Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn before they married.
- Even authors have Office Envy.
- The authors who are going it alone online and winning.
- A short video for your viewing pleasure: The Joy of Books. (I can't believe the amount of work this must have taken to make happen!)
- A personal challenge blog-- 365: Make a Book a Day. Donna Meyer is going to make a book a day for one year.
Eye Candy for Book Lovers
- Cecilia Levy's dainty little tea cups are made from recycled book pages.
- 15 creative bookshelves and unusual bookcases. My favorite? The Infinity Shelf System.
- Here's one way to keep your Reads separate from your To-Be-Reads.
- Carved Book Landscapes
I ♥ Lists
- The 25 Greatest Epigraphs in Literature.
- Once again Hollywood is getting smart and going back to books for their stories: Stephanie Plum and 5 Other Tales of Kick-ass Females.
My Nook Book Pick of the Week
- Desert Noir, the first book in Betty Webb's excellent Lena Jones series, is $3.99!
Other eBook Goodies
New to My Google Reader
That's it for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!