The only bad thing about moving my reading from the pool to the chaise is that the chaise is too comfortable. I fell asleep out there this afternoon and didn't wake up until a little bird tried to land on my foot. I don't know which of us was more startled!
The only other thing to report this week is that the cooler weather is making me feel a bit domestic. I went to Costco and bought meat for the freezer, came home, repackaged it, and now the freezer is stuffed to the gills again. I've also been caught dusting and polishing. Hopefully Denis gets over the shock soon....
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- The saddest photo ever.
- Scotland's Wigtown Book Festival hires a resident hermit.
- The day the paperback died.
- Netflix CEO apologizes for his handling of the price increase.
- Texting Makes U Stupid.
- Don't you wish you had a J.D. Salinger letter?
- What you get for the sale of the Salinger letter, you could spend on a pair of J.K. Rowling's boots.
- The advance reading copy trade. (Are these people nuts?)
- Take a look at a $175,000 dust jacket that's coming to auction.
- Why some Aussies believe children will save books.
- A South African tries to spread a love of reading among the illiterate.
- Remember the Travel Bookshop in the film "Notting Hill"? Part of it has been purchased by The Book Warehouse, and some people aren't happy about it.
- Who's the Perfect Male Sidekick: Castle, Fritz or Booth?
- Could Stephanie Plum Get Car Insurance?
Lists, Lists, Lists
- Literary characters who would be best friends in real life.
- 10 textbook trends transforming the industry.
- 10 of the best books set in Istanbul.
- 10 historic female scientists you should know.
Bookish Eye Candy
- The two-story, climb inside bookshelf tower.
- A bookshelf table lamp.
- Curating a book shelf.
- I had a bookcase headboard on my bed when I was a child, but I could've used some of these shelves, too.
- I like this reading nook.
- A hidden room behind a bookcase.
- Kindle library lending begins in Seattle before going national.
- 5 reasons eBooks might be the new paid-content for news.
- Book publishers are surrounded by hungry new competitors.
- The number of Americans reading eBooks doubles.
- Kindle Mystery Blog.
Social Media Tips
New to My Google Reader
That's all for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!