I don't know about the rest of you, but when I haven't been running errands or spending time with Denis, I've been engrossed in Book Blogger Appreciation Week. I love reading the interview swaps and guest posts, and of course I keep an eye on the awards. Come to think of it, they're about the only awards that I really do keep track of because I've made so many friends in the community. Congratulations, one and all! If you don't know what Book Blogger Appreciation Week is, click on that link above and take a gander. There are tons of excellent blogs (and bloggers) taking part!
Since it's been such a quiet week, let's get right to the links!
Bookish Links & Other Fun Stuff
- He's not the only one who's faced an emotional crisis at the thought of purging his books: The Ache of Book Abandonment.
- A dress made of crime novel covers hits the runway. I wish there'd been a close-up!
- Beds, Brownies and Books... an article about bookshops in India.
- Have you heard the rumor that IKEA's iconic Billy Bookcase is being discontinued? Here's the real story.
- A French novelist goes missing during his book tour.
- I love this literary wall.
Lists, Lists, Lists
- Literary Pets.
- 10 Online Alterna-Dictionaries for your defining pleasure.
- Vintage Dust Jackets from Classic Novels.
- 11 Literary Holidays that Every Book Lover Should Know.
- eReader use up 167%; eReaders Under $100 by the Holidays.
- Authors sue to remove their books from a digital book collection.
- Two articles on Amazon's latest venture: Subscription service could rewrite book industry; Amazon to launch Netflix-style service for digital books.
Blogging & Social Media Tips
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- The Lit Asylum talks about Young Adult Cliches.
- Tanabata of In Spring It Is the Dawn has a moving post about September 11, 2011-- which not only was the tenth anniversary of the twin towers tragedy, it also marked the six-month anniversary of the horrific earthquake in Japan. Six Months Later.
New to My Google Reader
That's it for this week! Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!