Well, not exactly from the pool-- too much of a chance that I'd ruin my netbook. However, I have been spending a lot of time out in the pool, and lately I've been turning into a giant prune because I've been reading an Advance Readers Copy of Reginald Hill's The Woodcutter. What an amazing book! I've totally been losing track of time and of my surroundings... so much so that the automatic pool cleaner that makes its way around the pool vacuuming up dirt and debris managed to sneak up to where I was sitting and tried to perform liposuction on my left hip. Man, that smarts! I'm thinking about telling Denis to put a bell or something on the darned thing so I'll know where it is at all times.
Before I go off and check the bruise on my hip, let's see what I have in the way of links this week!
Anyone for Harry Potter?
- Inside Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
- The ultimate Harry Potter memorabilia.
- 7 things in Harry Potter I wish were real by Naomi Alderman.
- 25 surprising facts about the props in Harry Potter films.
- The books that shaped Harry Potter...err... Daniel Radcliffe.
- 23 props from the Harry Potter films.
- Edible Hogwarts.
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Summer's biggest nonfiction adventures.
- New stars of crime fiction in Norway.
- A crime wave in publishing (which made this reader happy).
- Americans pick their favorite British authors.
- Literary games for bored book nerds.
- A minimal, futuristic library.
- USA Today has its own book section now.
- The secret bookstore.
- How to build a new bookstore.
- People have been sharing their mystery pet peeves over at Lesa's Book Critiques.
- Sony is preparing a new e-book reader to challenge Amazon.
- Amazon set to enter tablet competition against Apple iPad.
- Amazon is prepping tablet orders. Are they subsidized devices?
- The book is not dead, it's just shape-shifting.
- Google's e-bookstore finds a home.
- Penelope Lively knows how to stir up a tempest... and make me laugh. "Bloodless nerds?" (ladylike snort)
Social Media & Blogging Tips
- An introduction to Google+ and what makes it different from other social networks.
- How to avoid being a victim of a Twitter hoax.
- What's the Number One social sharing spot? StumbleUpon!
- How giving a bad review can bring you legal trouble.
New to My Google Reader
I hope I managed to find an article or two that piqued your interest. Don't forget to stop by next week when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!