Here's hoping that a wonderful time was had by all who were able to travel to New York City for BEA and BBC-- and that everyone who has a long weekend will have a blast. I'm working on a special Memorial Day post, so I'll just cut to the chase and serve up a batch of links for y'all!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Why "Punishing the Publisher" usually doesn't.
- You Tube video: Mr. Bean in the Library.
- Another You Tube video: Signing in Waldenbooks by Parnell Hall.
- The century is up: Mark Twain's autobiography will now be published.
- The Afterlife of Stieg Larsson.
- Books in the home boost children's education. (Duh.)
- Shoplifting in bookshops.
- Abe Books has put together 50 Iconic Book Covers.
- Book dwellings.
- Get in bed with a book blogger!
- Write blog posts that get noticed.
- I discovered a meme that I'll be keeping my eye on: Character Connection, which asks bloggers to talk about a character they love. In particular, I enjoyed Becky's (The Bookette) post about a favorite of mine: Harper Connelly.
- An author asks you not to post a less-than-positive review of his book. Lurv a la Mode wants to know: To Post or Not to Post?
- I learned about this from Michele at Southern City Mysteries (Books Make a Difference). If you go to BlogHer and leave a comment about a book that changed your life, a book will be donated to a needy child. Comment as many times as you like, but hurry! This ends TODAY!!
- Kath wants to know what we think of literary mashups.
- Iris On Books talks about Blogging as a Global Phenomenon.
- Amanda, The Desert Book Chick, talks about why real book lovers read Science Fiction.