This week could've used at least three more days. Doctor appointments, service tech out to perform regular maintenance on the heat pump, getting the electric trimmer out to prune several shrubs so Denis can put up the Christmas lights, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, decorating eleven trees, getting out all the other decorations, and stitching up a storm. The one thing that's suffered is my reading time, and I'm beginning to jones a little, so that better change fast!
Speaking of that service tech, he walked into a house with eleven Christmas trees, and did he say anything about that? No. Wanna know what he did say?
"Wow-- you sure do have a lot of books!"
|The newest Christmas decoration: a star basket|
Right now I'm stitching something that will be for next year: valances in Christmas colors for the windows in the library.
Let me get those links rounded up so I can go track down my book. I hate it when my eye starts to twitch and my hands start to shake from reading withdrawal!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- Are you taking your child to a bookstore today?
- Isn't it wonderful to see our president and his daughters browsing and buying books?
- A portrait of JFK is found hidden in an old frame.
- Some states have decided to preserve penmanship, thank heavens!
- Kleenex Alert: A disabled man's life is turned around by a blanket.
- It was a strong start to the holiday season in the book world.
- A former Oxford English Dictionary editor covertly deleted thousands of words.
- Google now has indoor maps available in select countries for places like airports, shopping malls, and museums.
- A drunk could've made a clean getaway, except for one thing: he picked up a book and settled in to read it.
- Some people call this the "Harry Potter Library."
- Too cute: Miniature mouse tree dollhouse inspired by Brambly Hedge.
- 400-Year-Old playing cards reveal a royal secret.
- Will the Supreme Court kill used bookstores?
I ♥ Lists & Quizzes
- The cost for all the items in "The 12 Days of Christmas" is rising.
- 10 of the most frustrating endings in literature.
- How many of these actors portraying authors do you recognize?
- 7 writers who died young.
- The top ten Charles Dickens books.
Books in the Digital Age
- The eReader over your shoulder.
- Black Friday online sales topped $1 billion, and may bode changes for future holiday seasons.
- Random House launches new digital-only imprints.
- How to make a bookshelf mountain.
- The Eerdmans Bookstore Carol.
- The Illustrated Reader's Bill of Rights.
- 2013 calendars for book nerds.
New to My Google Reader
That's all for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure! Now... where's my book???