There are some guaranteed ways to make me a happy camper. One-- of course-- is to let me curl up with a good book. Right up there with a good book is letting me wander around a critter-rich environment with my camera in hand and a like-minded soul for companionship. That's exactly what Denis and I did today after driving over to the Water Ranch (AKA Gilbert Riparian Preserve).
|Egret at the Water Ranch|
Another guaranteed way to make me a happy camper is to set me down in the middle of a huge craft store, and after wandering around the Water Ranch, Denis and I decided to stop at a nearby Hobby Lobby. The place is huge, and I only had time to check on a couple of essentials. Since it's so close to the Water Ranch, I can see Denis and I planning a trip to both in the near future-- especially since I didn't get a chance to look at all their Christmas merchandise!
Forget about the Christmas merchandise... I have a feeling y'all want to take a look at these links I'm always talking about. I'll get right on it!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- The folks at Book Riot talked about Bookish Conversations We Never Want to Have Again. I have to say that I agree with them.
- Who has the better book covers: US or UK?
- Perhaps it's my perverse sense of humor, but this made me laugh: George Bush Accidentally Votes for Obama.
- The cable channel Starz is developing a series adaptation of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander.
- Why is Amazon deleting writers' reviews of other authors' books?
- Kleenex Alert: Video of sea otter jumping on a boat to escape killer whales. (No, the otter does not die.)
- A new prototype display for eReaders and tablets allows video playback.
- Which publishers do best at eBook sales?
- How HTML5-based books will disrupt digital publishing.
- I definitely wouldn't mind browsing in this bookstore in Portugal.
- Everything About Secret Bookcase Doors.
I ♥ Lists & Quizzes
- The top 10 cities in literature.
- How much do you know about Great American Novels?
- Happy reads to help you through a tough time.
- 10 "unfilmable" books that made it to the big screen.
- 40 things to say before you die.
- 7 literary characters sociopathic enough to run for president.
New to My Google Reader
That's it for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!