Not much to report here this past week. Just reading and healing. According to the weather forecasters, a big storm front is supposed to be moving in for the weekend, complete with possibilities of snow in parts of the Valley. As far as I'm concerned, I'll gladly accept the rain, but the snow can travel elsewhere!
On to the links!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- I never tire of lookin' at 'em (and there are several new ones here): Amazing Libraries Around the World.
- It pays to root through the archives: a lost manuscript is found gathering dust.
- Cult books that need to be adapted for the big screen.
- Books that rocked your world at 16 but fall flat now.
- Lost Daphne du Maurier stories have been found.
- The Best-Read US Presidents.
- Cookbooks surge to top category at libraries.
- In the UK, the most borrowed library books of 2010.
- Some of Thomas Jefferson's books turn up in Missouri.
- A cute video on Organizing the Bookcase.
- They're shooting a remake of The Great Gatsby in Australia.
- Trying to sell books in Tehran.
Social Media & Blogging Tips
- Reasons why to use an internal site search on your blog.
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Amused By Books: What do you do with your books?
- MiriamParker.com: 9 Tips for Working With Publishers and a Question About Contests.
- From the Guardian: When authors met book bloggers for lunch.
New to My Google Reader
Time for me to curl up with a good book. I hope you found a link or two to be interesting and fun. Don't forget to stop by next week when I'll have a fresh batch of links for your surfing pleasure!