Today I'm really multi-tasking: working at various tasks online while I'm listening to panels and joining in text chat at the Poisoned Pen Web Convention that's taking place all day long. For a mystery lover like me, it's wonderful to hear so many of my favorite authors. I'm learning and enjoying, and I certainly hope there's a repeat event next year!
One thing that I've noticed this week is that everyone is so wound up with Dewey's Read-a-thon that there hasn't been all that much news. In a way, it's a shame. In another, it just helps me out with this post. (Please no hate mail! The read-a-thon is a marvelous event, and I do not mean to infer anything else!)
Books in the News
- Emily at Skylight Books has an excellent post about the ongoing Amazon vs. Wal-Mart bestseller price war.
- The New York Times also talks about the price wars.
- Sweden had 91 murders last year... and 84 crime novels. There's an interesting post about this at the Globalpost.
- The Seven Deadly Sins of Twitter.
- 11 Tips for Getting Your Comments Noticed on a Popular Blog.
- 10 Simple Ways to Show Kindness Online.
- What Have I Done for You Lately?
- Don't Be a Greedy Blogger.
- Ryan of Wordsmithonia has an excellent series of Halloween-themed posts. One of my favorites is: 10 Kids I Will Not Babysit.
- Natalie of Book Line and Sinker wants to know What Books Scare You?