I always smile when I open my mailbox to find a book, and I know that all book lovers feel the same way. In addition, this is a period of time where we all could use some cheering up, so I have decided to give away my gently read copy of Cara Black's Three Hours in Paris. If you'd like to know what I thought of the book, you can check out my review.
"virtual event" Barbara Peters of The Poisoned Pen Bookstore conducted with Cara Black. (Let me tell you, these virtual events and book chats that The Poisoned Pen has been sharing have been godsends while I've been housebound!)
Here's the synopsis of the book:
"In June of 1940, when Paris fell to the Nazis, Hitler spent a total of three hours in the City of Light—abruptly leaving, never to return. To this day, no one knows why.
The New York Times bestselling author of the Aimée Leduc investigations reimagines history in her masterful, pulse-pounding spy thriller, Three Hours in Paris.
Kate Rees, a young American markswoman, has been recruited by British intelligence to drop into Paris with a dangerous assignment: assassinate the Führer. Wrecked by grief after a Luftwaffe bombing killed her husband and infant daughter, she is armed with a rifle, a vendetta, and a fierce resolve. But other than rushed and rudimentary instruction, she has no formal spy training. Thrust into the red-hot center of the war, a country girl from rural Oregon finds herself holding the fate of the world in her hands. When Kate misses her mark and the plan unravels, Kate is on the run for her life—all the time wrestling with the suspicion that the whole operation was a set-up.
Cara Black, doyenne of the Parisian crime novel, is at her best as she brings Occupation-era France to vivid life in this gripping story about one young woman with the temerity—and drive—to take on Hitler himself.
*Features an illustrated map of 1940s Paris as full-color endpapers."
Sounds good, doesn't it-- and it is good! I think it's time to tell you how you can win a copy of this book!
- To enter, send an email to kittlingbooks(at)gmail(dot)com.
- The subject line of the email must read "THREE HOURS IN PARIS GIVEAWAY."
- The body of the email must include your name and mailing address. (No, your name and address will not be kept for nefarious purposes after the contest ends.)
- Due to the high cost of postage, this giveaway is for US residents only.
- Your entry must be received by noon on Sunday, May 3, 2020.
~~~A Little Fine Print~~~
- Only one entry per person.
- If your email contains all the necessary information, you'll receive an email stating "Your entry has been received-- Good Luck!" within 24 hours. If you don't receive that email within 24 hours, try, try again.
- The winner will be notified by email and an announcement made on the blog Monday, May 4, 2020.
- The book will be carefully packaged and in the mail by Tuesday, May 4 at the latest.
Now it's time to fill up my inbox with entries!