I've gotten too used to having appointments strung out over several weeks, but there's always an exception, isn't there? This week has been busy, busy, busy-- and not with the usual laundry, etc.
Huzzah! Although half didn't show up when they were supposed to, there was no fighting for prime parking, and everything went like clockwork. Denis's two doctor's appointments on Wednesday slotted in with everything else that needed to be done, and that day went smoothly, too-- with the added bonus that Denis received nothing but good news from his doctors.
This was all just lovely, but you know what I'm worried about now? That if we try to do all that schedule-everything-on-the-same-day jazz again, it will turn into one big mess. Why? Because that's how my luck usually runs!
Speaking of running, I'd better scurry out to the corral before those links stampede. Head 'em up! Moooooooooooove 'em out!
►Books & Other Interesting Tidbits◄
- The origins of Rizzoli and Isles.
- Have you heard about the Great American Read?
- Sometimes the best way to read is to mark up the book.
- Want to earn more as a book author? A male name will help.
- Women writers are tapping into the crime fiction genre in India.
- Towards a history of Mediterranean noir.
- The book Jean-Patrick Manchette didn't live to finish.
►Channeling My Inner Indiana Jones◄
- A century-old sunken ship has been preserved in perfect condition at the bottom of Lake Superior.
- A mysterious shipwreck discovered in Lake Erie is believed to be nearly two hundred years old.
- A coin once believed to be fake is actually a million dollar find.
- The remains of 140 children who had their hearts ripped out suggests the largest child sacrifice event in history.
- Go medieval by attaching a book to your belt.
- How more than half the art in this French museum was forged.
►Channeling My Inner Elly Mae Clampett◄
- A deaf and partially blind dog named Max stayed with a lost three-year-old girl for more than fifteen hours and led rescuers to her.
- A blind dog named OJ and his guide dog get adopted together.
- A giant, intact egg of the extinct elephant bird has been found in the Buffalo Museum of Science.
- The dognapping of Kid Boots Ace.
- What the longest known whale shark migration ever tells us about conservation.
- Well-meaning rescuers were bitten after mistaking bobcats for domestic kittens.
►The Happy Wanderer◄
- Crime and the city: Seoul and Pyongyang.
- Eleven funny memes you'll only get if you're from Arizona.
- Sixty-two of the world's best independent bookstores.
►I ♥ Lists◄
- Ten books to read if you love camping and the outdoors.
- The best Texas books, from Lonesome Dove to The Liar's Club.
- Eight books that honor history's unsung female heroes.
- Can you spot all the Stephen King references in this poster?
- Top writers choose their perfect crime novels that they believe everyone should read. (And what a list it is!)
- Twenty-five foreign words with hilarious literal meanings.
That's all for this week! Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll be sharing a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure.
Have a great weekend, and read something fabulous!