What am I in denial about this week? The fact that I should be moving all my Christmas decorations from the storage unit to the house, that's what! Right now decorating for the holidays is one of the last things I want to do, and if that feeling continues, it will be Christmas Lite here at Casa Kittling. We shall see.
Other than that, it's been a week of doctor appointments, haircuts, grocery shopping, and a mammogram. (Ladies... have you had yours this year???)
On to these links I've been keeping in the corral!
Books, Movies & Other Interesting Tidbits
- If authors ordered at Starbucks.
- After seeing what the reintroduction of wolves did to improve the Yellowstone ecosystem, all I can say is leave the wolf wandering the Grand Canyon alone!
- Benedict Cumberbatch talks about the last season of Sherlock.
- Libraries are beginning to embrace tablets over eReaders.
- Neil Gaiman shares 4 tips for reading stories to children.
- Google Books has been updated for better non-fiction support.
- J.K. Rowling has surprised fans by publishing 6 new essays on the Pottermore website.
- Yahoo has launched a DIY digital magazine.
- Mass market paperbacks aren't dead yet.
- Tom Hanks has written a book of short stories.
- A book that's 100 years older than the Magna Carta has gone digital.
Channeling My Inner Indiana Jones
- British pop star Phil Collins has given his vast Alamo collection to Texas.
- Archaeologists are making incredible discoveries in a tunnel that was sealed 2,000 years ago.
- The Leonardo that was hidden from Hitler in case it gave him magic powers.
- Baltimore is hesitant to open a 100-year-old time capsule.
- The search for Amelia Earhart's plane continues.
- Busted! Egyptian authorities discovered some illegal excavators who'd dug down into an ancient temple.
- These ancient stone circles in the Middle East have baffled archaeologists for decades.
- There's more to Civil War names than you might think.
- A vessel buried 20 feet under a New Jersey beach could be an historical find.
- The pile of rocks discovered by a hiker in New Mexico turned out to be a fossilized turtle believed to have lived tens of millions of years ago.
- A ten-year-old on a boogie board found a 14,000-year-old Clovis point and has donated it to the Smithsonian.
The Happy Wanderer
- 21 buildings you need to see in your lifetime.
- 33 beautiful beaches where you can swim in the world's clearest water.
- Here are 17 of the most magical houses in the world. I can't make up my mind between #6, 11, or 17....
- 17 nature places to see before they disappear forever.
I ♥ Lists
- 23 dwellings perched so precariously, they're guaranteed to make you dizzy.
- 28 things every bookworm should have in their dream home.
- If Dorothy Parker quips were motivational posters.
- The dishes 16 authors would bring to a literary potluck.
That's all for now. Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll share a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure. Have a great weekend!