If I told you what the temperatures have been like here in Phoenix for the past week, I think many of you locked in winter's freezer would put a contract out on me, so I'm keeping my mouth shut! Plans for finishing up the week are chicken marinara, a trip to the grocery store to stock up some empty spots on the shelves in the pantry, and a visit to The Poisoned Pen to see Dana Stabenow.
I'm just not a mobile phone/iPad kind of person. I don't like to be hooked up to gadgets all the time; I want to sit at the computer, get things done, then leave and do something else. If that makes me a dinosaur, so be it!
No... I didn't forget that this is a link round-up!
A Bookish Link or Two....
- Vroman's Bookstore is expanding its Read Your Way Across the USA idea. (One of the fun parts of this is to make your own additions and subtractions to their list.)
- Book Riot has a few goodies if you're in the mood to buy a book-related item or two.
- Here's how to make your own magnetic bookmarks. (They're the only kind I use in my books.)
- This is book-related because Colin Dexter is on the team: I was thrilled to discover that "Lewis" will be returning for an eighth series!
- If you need some cuteness, take a look at these children reading to shelter cats.
- I love this book spine lightswitch cover.
- Is the literary world elitist?
Art, Critters, Archaeology, Astronomy, Travel...
- A star-rich galaxy has been found that dates back to the universe's infancy.
- More news on the German art collector whose 1,000+ piece collection was discovered in Munich. Seems he had several more pieces in Austria for safekeeping.
- I know I've taken photos of a basking rattlesnake, but I don't know if I'd be around to take a photo of a great white shark losing a tooth.
- They've cracked a 900-year-old Viking code, and some of the things they've translated will make you smile.
- A Wire-Haired Fox Terrier named Sky just won Best in Show at Westminster, and that pleases me, since I've owned two in the past. Here are seven reasons why Wire-Haired Fox Terriers should be the Internet's next favorite dog.
- I wouldn't mind staying in one of these old refurbished railway cars in Cornwall!
I ♥ Lists
- 10 restaurants from books and movies that became real.
- The top 25 books that changed history.
- 15 works of nail art inspired by your favorite children's books. (I like Horton Hears a Who.)
- 22 stunning Victorian book covers.
- If famous writers sent Valentines.
That's it for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!