I have a slow cooker recipe for spicy Thai Coconut Soup that's burning a hole on my desk. Trouble is, I just went grocery shopping to my usual place, and it doesn't carry straw mushrooms or baby corn. Bummer! Now I'm going to have to try other sources, so pardon me if I cut my weekly chat down and get right to the links!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- As a user, I enjoyed reading Popular Words and Symbols Used in Pinterest Board Names.
- We're a step closer to being able to keep on eReading during takeoffs and landings.
- The experts are finding that digital reading can hinder children's literacy. (Don't hand 'em a tablet loaded with games and other goodies and expect them to read their books....)
- What if Dr. Seuss wrote Jurassic Park?
- Are you really surprised? Facebook has 100 times more spam than other social networks.
- The evolution of censorship.
- Take a look at some houses in the UK that are meant to catch burglars.
- Folks are getting together to celebrate the 75th anniversary of The Grapes of Wrath.
- Melting snow in Norway reveals an Iron Age sweater.
- I loved Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan novels, and I was sad to hear of his death. Did you know that he was loyal to the New London bookstore that gave him his first break?
- Journalists were evidently bored recently, claiming that bestselling author Ann Cleeves had attacked Scandinavian crime fiction for its sexual violence, which forced Ann to tell us what she really said.
- 12 movies that are just as good as the books they're based on.
Book Blogging Tips
- If you're a book blogger, please take a few minutes to participate in this book blogging survey.
- Sharing is critical to your blog's success.
- Don't forget to back up your blog!
- Styling a bookshelf. (Most of us are lucky if we just have enough shelves to put our books on, let alone even think about style!)
- 10 fantastic secret passage bookshelves.
That's all for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!