None of that domestic goddess stuff this week. For one thing, I'm no goddess and I'm barely domesticated! Besides... give me two author signings at The Poisoned Pen and a trip up to Black Canyon Lake in the White Mountains any day over cooking and laundry. Which reminds me. Perhaps I'd better clarify the title of my post. No, the authors at my favorite bookstore weren't squirrely; I'm referring to the critters up at the lake who love peanuts and sunflower seeds.
If you happen to be one of my Facebook buddies, you've probably already seen this photo and the others that I've posted. You'll be able to read my posts about authors Peter Lovesey and Jon Talton in the near future, so be on the lookout!
Next week I'll be heading back to The Pen to meet one of my favorite new-to-me authors, Alex Grecian, and if all goes well, I'll be reviewing four books, two of which I rated "A" and the other two "A+". Yes, I've been reading high on the hog lately. (And if you didn't know I grew up in farm country, you do now after reading that last sentence.)
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- How to get children to look beyond the size of a book.
- A stunning Byzantine mosaic has been uncovered in Israel.
- Florence, Italy is hoping for a tourism boom with the release of Dan Brown's Inferno.
- Reburying F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Don't judge a new cover by the old book.
- In Miami, Florida, literary health isn't necessarily measured by their bookstores.
- The Library's Future Is Not an Open Book.
- I'm always on the lookout for bookstores, and the next time I'm in Prescott, Arizona, I'm going to have to look up the Peregrine Book Company.
- The Japanese have a word for people whose to-be-read piles have gotten out of control: Tsundoku.
- So you think you want to be a librarian?
- How the world's most difficult code was cracked.
- A Harry Potter first edition annotated by J.K. Rowling is going up for auction.
Digital Reading & Techie News
- Some booksellers have decided to let the eReader go.
- How eBooks figure into the winning of an Innovations in Reading award.
- No, you can't read a book on Google Glass.
I ♥ Lists
- The 10 worst mothers in books.
- Famous authors' handwritten outlines for great works of literature.
- The 10 biggest book adaptation flops.
- 8 signs that you're a book person.
- Choose your books Scrabble tile wine glass charms.
- Delaware's only Frank Lloyd Wright home is for sale. Scroll down through the photos to see all the fabulous places to curl up with a book and all the places Wright built in to house those books.
- Check out these posters that chart the colors in famous novels.
- Unique bookshelves for the nursery.
That's all for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!