It's been an enjoyable week here at Casa Kittling, but when I tried to gather my thoughts to tell you exactly why it was so enjoyable, those thoughts scattered like sheep being chased by a wolf. So... take my word for it. It's been a good week!
The only other thing I can think of to mention is that Denis and I watched one of my favorite movies this evening: "Witness" starring Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis. I've lost track of how many times I've seen this movie, and every time I've seen it, I've thought that this one young Amish man certainly is a looker. This evening, I saw the same young Amish man and thought the same thought; however, I paid more attention to the credits rolling at the end of the film. That handsome young Amish man is Viggo Mortensen quite a few years before he became a king! See? It's absolutely possible to learn something new every day!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- Being rich and royal isn't always what it's cracked up to be. When a king goes missing, sometimes the best place to look is under ye olde parking lot.
- Some folks think we shouldn't be crying over the shrinkage of Barnes and Noble.
- Amazon is poised to sell used eBooks and to save the U.S. Postal Service.
- Tip your server and save the world.
- A homeless man's dog saves the day.
- Space storms will cause widespread power cuts and more.
- Meet the unlikely group that saved Timbuktu's priceless manuscripts... unlikely, that is, only for non-readers.
- Anyone ready for "The Book Thief" movie?
- Dr. Seuss was a cat in a hat, too.
- Agatha Christie was investigated by MI5.
- Children's Literature: The Movie.
- Bookish goes live.
- Korean publishers return to bookselling through cafés.
I ♥ Lists
- Writers as spies.
- Great literary characters inspired by real famous people.
- English literature's 50 key moments from Marlowe to J.K. Rowling.
- The passports of 20 famous artists and writers.
- Check out the library lounge in the B2 Boutique Hotel Zurich.
- 11 of the most beautiful museum libraries in the world.
- The best fictional libraries in pop culture.
- The Other Downton Abbeys: Nine Illustrious Houses in Fiction.
That's it for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!