Links are going to be rather light on the ground this week. I had the last of my July doctors' appointments this week as well as the usual chores and errands. *yawwwwn*
I think Denis has spent more time in the pool this summer than he has in the previous ten years he's lived here combined. Two things contribute to this: (1) he's finally acclimated to the weather, and (2) his doctor has cured him of all the pain and troubles he's had with his ears. (Thank you, Dr. Macias!) I enjoy having him in the pool with me. The sight of us would probably make most people laugh: me sitting down by the waterfall under the shade of an umbrella, book in hand, and Denis floating around in what I call his "noodle chair" listening to his latest audio book, floppy hat over his face.
Next week, I'm looking forward to going to the Poisoned Pen to see J.A. Jance and pick up a copy of the latest Sheriff Joanna Brady novel, Judgment Call, and Denis and I are looking forward to meeting an old friend for lunch... possibly two old friends. Keep your fingers crossed. We don't see these two nearly as often as we should!
Okay... time to rustle up those links!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- The leaders in Spain must not like to read (or they're trying to hold on to real live paper books)-- Spain raises eBook VAT (Value Added Tax) to 21%.
- One of my favorite reads so far this year, The Last Policeman, has someone wanting to turn it into a television series.
- Actress Meryl Streep donates 5,000 books to a school.
I ♥ Lists
- Famous Authors and Their Tattoos
- Reading Lists of Your Favorite Fictional Characters
- 9 books not to read at the beach
- Crime fiction: 7 for the beach
- A bedroom and a bookcase all-in-one
- Some seen before, but several new ones included: 37 home library designs
New to My Google Reader
That's it for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!