If it weren't for the fact that Denis is waiting for the Foreign Department of his UK bank to open so he can talk to someone with a pulse, I'd be laying in bed reading. As it is, I've decided to stay up and be a good girl. I've been having too much fun this week and posting late more often than not. (Although one isn't my fault. Blogger decided to save my Wordless Wednesday post for a rainy day. I had to go track it down and boot it out where it belongs.)
|A new bookmark for my collection!|
Wednesday night Denis and I went to the Poisoned Pen for Deborah Crombie's author signing. We arrived early. I quickly ran through my shopping list, made my purchase, and went to choose our seats. Then I sat and proceeded to people watch.
You see, not only was I there to see one of my favorite authors in the flesh, I was also supposed to meet another Arizona book blogger. I have to admit to some nervousness because I'd gotten distracted and neglected to send Gaye an email telling her to look out for a woman with short white hair, wearing glasses and a Johnny Cash outfit. The only thing I had going for me was Denis's accent. The ladies we were seated amongst were very friendly and chatty, and I just hoped that Gaye had her English accent antennae tuned up. She did, we met, and she gave me my wonderful squashy yellow guy as a birthday gift. Gaye is every bit as bubbly and enthusiastic and just plain fun as I thought she'd be, and I have a feeling that this is only the first of many meetings to come!
Links? You want some links? Oh yeah. This is the link round-up, isn't it? My bad!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- In honor of his upcoming birthday, Abraham Lincoln is commemorated by a three-story sculpture of 15,000 books.
- I hope the bus stops in Phoenix! -- Atria Books to kick off mystery bus tour in April.
- Malaysian jungle adventurers solve World War II mysteries.
- Anyone besides me remember the BBC series "Poldark" starring (sigh) Robin Ellis? Not only did I find an article in which Ellis talks about the series, I found his website. He's an author, a diabetic, and has written Delicious Dishes for Diabetics.
- Should we celebrate scathing book reviews?
- A bookstore has started renting space to artists and crafters to draw in more business. That's all I need... another reason to be unable to leave a bookstore!
- New formats are coming for digital publishing and eReading.
- Reading notes: perfect for readers who hate to write in their books!
I ♥ Lists & Quizzes
- Charles Dickens at 200: a fiendishly difficult birthday quiz.
- Queen Elizabeth II in literature.
- The pocket notebooks of 20 famous men.
- 15 famous authors' beautiful estates.
New to My Google Reader
That's all for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!