Not nearly as many links this week. I had more posts to write, Denis and I met a friend for lunch, and we cleared out the storage unit and brought all the Christmas decorations home. I wanted to make sure that I had them within reach plenty early so I could work on them a bit at a time instead of all in one fell swoop.
We've rearranged furniture since the last time I decorated, and there's an empty space that's crying out to me for a tree. I'll have to see how long I can ignore the piteous whining.
I'll take my leisurely time during the month of November to put everything in its proper place. When I'm all done, I'll go around taking photos so I can show you the finished product. Sound like a plan? I hope so, because now my plan is to share a few links with y'all!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Kitty Porn-- City Bookstores with Cats. (The city is New York City, by the way.)
- A series of articles about Mark Harmon portraying Lucas Davenport on USA Network's Certain Prey, which airs Sunday, November 6. Will they get John Sandford's book right?
- A fun 360° panorama that you can manipulate to see more areas. It just happens to be of one of my favorite places: Canyon de Chelly.
I ♥ Lists
- The worst consequences of literary teenage romance.
- Top 10 African memoirs.
- The 10 best villains in literature.
Christmas is coming....
- Magnetic bookmarks. This is the place where I buy mine. Loads of different designs, ridiculously affordable... They're the only ones I use or give as gifts because they don't fall out of my books. Perfect stocking stuffers for booklovers!
- How about a booklover's personal teapot?
- Amazon unveils the Kindle Owners' Lending Library.
- A bookshelf that is a mosaic of recycled scrap wood. (Sorry, but I think it looks more like a wood chipper blew chunks.)
- 21 ideas for do-it-yourself bookends.
New to My Google Reader
Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!