This is a fast and easy post that I'm not going to take the time to pretty up with book covers-- just authors, titles, prices and links. These are all authors that I recommend, and hopefully that means something to you. Let's get to it!
- The Ghosts of Belfast by Stuart Neville, $3.99. This is the first book in the series featuring Detective Inspector Jack Lennon of Belfast, Northern Ireland, and was a finalist in several awards.
- Rashomon Gate by I.J. Parker, $4.99. This is the second book in the excellent historical series featuring Sugawara Akitada, a sleuth in eleventh century Japan.
- The Rabbit Factory by Marshall Karp, $2.99. This is the first Lomax and Biggs mystery-- Lomax and Biggs being two Los Angeles police detectives. A good story laced with irreverent humor.
- Hardly Knew Her by Laura Lippman, $.99. If you have yet to read the excellent Ms. Lippman, how about trying a book of her short stories? The price is certainly right!
- Everywhere That Mary Went by Lisa Scottoline, $1.99. This is the first book in the Rosato and Associates series featuring an all-woman law firm in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, $1.90. One of the very best in the Sherlock Holmes canon.
- Still Life by Louise Penny, $2.99. If you still haven't read any of Louise Penny's Three Pines books and you have a Kindle, here's your chance to download some excellent reading-- and it's the first book in the series!
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie, $.95. In the mood for a classic mystery? You can't do any better than Hercule Poirot!
- Jar City by Arnaldur Indridason, $2.99. Be an armchair sleuth and travel to Iceland to see Detective Inspector Erlendur Sveinsson in action!