Let me tell you, life is really rough. I've been spending my late mornings and early afternoons amidst stacks of books. In 2008, I had 6,000 books, give or take a tome. As of now, I have slightly under 2,000. 1,000 of my books have been listed on Paperback Swap, and the rest have been donated to various places.
Now it's down to me moving the books to where I want them. My fiction and non-fiction books are all in the library. My TBR books are all in one place. I've moved more books out of the office. And...(don't tell anyone) I even have an empty five-shelf bookcase that I no longer need. Scary, ain't it?
I've posted a few photos on my Facebook page, but when I'm satisfied that I'm done, I'll be posting a proper Before & After here on Kittling: Books. Let's face it-- true bookaholics never tire of looking at people's bookshelves.
With the perfect weather here in Phoenix, by 2 PM I take my book and a cold drink outside to sit in the shade by the fountains to read and watch the birds and listen to the water.
Yes. Life is really rough. And I love it!
Are you ready for some links? Good, because I am, too!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- How Books Played an Important Role in Southern California's Art and Commerce.
- How about this custom-made side table for your books?
- 50 best blogs for Western literature.
- Have you seen the trailer for "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2"?
- Have you seen Julianne Moore dressed up as Sarah Palin? Kinda scary....
- Fascinating: 54 years of book covers for Nabokov's Lolita.
- Norman Mailer's last home.
- 3 books to take to a fistfight.
- 40% of iPad owners don't read books on the device.
- Death of the book: long live e-books.
- Kindle Author.
Blogging & Social Media Tips
- How do I get rid of a Facebook virus?
- Are you easy to contact? (I haven't been able to contact several book bloggers for Scene of the Blog because there's no contact information....)
- The 3 most common copyright mistakes bloggers make.
Questions from the Book Blogosphere
- To review or not review? from Bernadette of Reactions to Reading.
- How personal do you get while staying private? from The Bumbles.
New to My Google Reader