The weather has been gorgeous this week with tons of sunshine and wonderful, balmy temperatures. I've gotten 14 new books that I can't wait to read, and I've decided to give Goodreads and CrimeSpace another shot. (If you'd like to know more or to friend me at Goodreads or CrimeSpace, click on the links I've provided on my About Me page.) I've also been doing more cooking and baking, and I'm making a detailed plan for spring cleaning. See what warm weather does to me?
Enough about the warmth, and on to the links!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- 10 Real-Life Literary Power Couples.
- 10 Library Books Frequently Read More Than Once.
- Forbes needs our help to identify the Richest Fictional Characters.
- If you're a sucker for dominoes like I am, check out this video made for Library Ireland Week.
- Confessions of a Book Slob from The New Yorker.
- Dolly Parton extends her Imagination Library to Scotland.
- A Year in Marginalia.
- Andrei Codrescu believes the E-Book tarnishes the Reader-Book Relationship.
- New York City's Ten Best Independent Bookstores.
- The UK's Royal Mail has new stamps featuring some of our favorite magical people.
- Does March 19's "Supermoon" mean bad news?
Blogging & Social Media Tips
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Rachelle Gardner has an excellent two-part series illuminating the process of turning a book into a movie. Part One. Part Two.
New to My Google Reader
I hope one or two of the links brought a smile or made you think (or both). Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly chosen batch of links for your surfing pleasure!