I goofed off so much today that this Weekly Link Round-Up is late. (I promise I won't segue into an Alice in Wonderland "I'm late, I'm late! For a very important date!") Instead of apologizing and groveling, I'll just pour some fresh green tea over ice and get started on these links. I hope you find one or two that are enlightening, enjoyable... just plain worth the time!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- I've never met a waterfall I didn't like. Here are 8 waterfalls to help you feel cool.
- When will people learn that hate will never work? More book burning.
- It had to happen sooner or later: Dating based on your taste in books, and a further article about the website.
- One truth will remain: what books have to tell us will always reign supreme over how we read them.
- A slideshow that should give all us gadget-holics a very sick feeling.
- Who's got the room to have bookshelves with character?
- How to turn well-loved paperbacks into custom hardbacks.
- My kind of (literary) bumpersticker.
- Hollywood has finally cast Lisbeth Salander.
- For those of you who enjoyed my post about Nevada Barr's book signing, I found the webcast of the entire talk.
- 11 movies with librarians as stars.
- Forbes talks about the highest-paid authors.
- Gulp or sip: How do you read?
- The Guardian talks about when book recommendations go wrong.
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Florinda of The 3 R's and several commenters talk about The Death of Blogging.
- Molly of The Bumbles Blog: Yes, I Kiss Andy With That Mouth....
New to My Google Reader
That's all for this week. Don't forget to stop by next Friday (I'll try to be on time....) when I'll have a fresh batch of links for your surfing pleasure. See you then!