After spending a week down in Bisbee, I've been trying in vain to get back to my usual routine, but it is continuing to be a struggle every inch of the way. I don't even feel as though I found many links, but once I begin sorting through them all perhaps there will be more than I thought. Let's take a look, shall we?
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Want to get faster and smarter? Sleep 10 Hours a Night. (I wish!)
- Want to see some books arranged by color?
- A small video clip of an author reacting to her Amazon reader reviews.
- Photos of participants' favorite bookshops.
- What the rich are reading this summer. (When you compare what I'll be reading to this list, you'll know why I'm not rich!)
- Little, Brown and Company introduced a new source of crime fiction this week: Mulholland Books.
- Scandinavian crime fiction was big news this week with Sweden's Queen of Crime, Camilla Läckberg, now having a book published in the USA (The Ice Princess). The Nordic Bookblog talks about Stieg Larsson's domination of the New York Times Bestseller Lists; The Washington Post talks about Scandinavian crime novels being hot right now; and The New York Times talks about publishers scrambling to find the next Scandinavian blockbusters.
- Here's a quiz for you: How well do you know your fictional bookshops?
- 50 Books That Changed the World.
- How about taking this Handwriting Analysis quiz?
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Jackie of Farm Lane Books wants to know Do Bad Books Exist?
- Lynne of Lynne's Book Reviews would like to know Do You Mind If Anyone Borrows an Idea From Your Blog to Put on Theirs?
- Have you seen The Book on the Hill's series of posts called Book Blogging Around the World?
- Have you heard about #Bblog on Twitter?
- Do you know about Stuck In a Book's Picture Perfect?
- Are you listed in Callista's (SMS Book Reviews) Delicious Book Blog Directory?