I'm a tree hugger and an animal lover, but right now I'm feeling less than charitable towards my neighborhood pet owners. I love dogs, but the neighbors next-door think it's quite all right to let their little dog out at night to roam the neighborhood yapping its head off. In addition those homeowners who have been blindsided by the economy and have decided to do a midnight flit-- which includes turning their cats loose to become feral-- would be beneath my contempt right now if I could hear myself think.
While I try to find my happy place, let's see what sort of links I managed to gather this week, shall we?
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- 50 Cool Bookstore Blogs.
- How independent bookshops are fighting back in Wales.
- Take a look at Radio Shack's electronic book... circa 1986!
- A mental health study says that Internet use could make us happier. (I would agree; I discovered my husband online.)
- Amazon is constantly trying to stay ahead of the competition by adding new features to the Kindle. Some folks think it's just plain creepy. It all reminds me of why I'm not jumping to get any sort of e-reader. I don't want to buy a book and have it magically disappear from my reader, and I don't necessarily want someone tracking anything I highlight. It also reminds me that my friend took a couple of photos of my back garden with his Droid phone, and the blasted things came up labeled with my complete address. I DO NOT LIKE THIS. Okay, Cathy. Breathe in. Breathe out. Ignore Yappy outside.....
- After that last rant-ette, you probably think I believe Amazon is an ogre. Not so. Have you heard about Amazon Crossing? This could be really good.
- Have you seen this video of a bookmobile on the streets of Buenos Aires?
- According to those in the know in Hollywood, Jane Austen may have to move over and make room for the Brontes.
- Traditional blogging platforms still reign supreme.
- 10 Words You Need to Stop Misspelling. Please!
- 20 Easy Ways to Ruin Your Blog.
- How to Use Non-Standard Fonts with Blogger.
- Sam of Book Chase talks about Bookstore Slobs, Part One and Part Two.
- Rhapsody in Books talks about Reducing Stress in the Blogosphere.
- Pam of Bookalicio.us wants us to turn in those links.
- Lauren Leto's Stereotyping People By Their Favorite Authors.