It looks like Phoenix is heading right for triple digit temperatures, and I'm not complaining. How can I when I have a roof over my head, four available methods to cool my house... and a large swimming pool in the back garden? Besides, I moved here because I love the sun and I love the warmth, so I'm in my element.
One way to prove that I'm in my element is the fact that Denis and I visited one of my favorite places-- the Water Ranch-- from about 10 AM to 1 PM today when the temperatures were well into the 90s and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. We rambled all over the place and saw some very special things, which I'll talk about in my Saturday Snapshot post. But before I wander back to the Water Ranch, let me see what kind of links I managed to find this week!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- Want to see the LA Public Library's 1928 bookmobile?
- Some folks want cursive handwriting to die; others are fighting for it to live.
- J.K. Rowling's Pottermore website is now available to everyone.
- Good news here on the local scene: Tempe's indie bookstore, Changing Hands, is one step closer to a second location in Phoenix.
- What city buys the most eReaders? The answer might surprise you as much as it did me. On the other hand, I wasn't surprised to see that Phoenix was hanging around down at the bottom. However... the cities at the bottom all had one thing in common: good weather.
- Can you guess your favorite novel from these sounds?
- There's a new kids digital reading platform that promises education and discovery. Its name? Ruckus.
Blogging & Social Media
- Guest blogging isn't over when the post goes live.
- Someone was thinking with their noodle: the StairCASE is a tall bookcase whose bottom shelves pull out to become stairs.
I ♥ Lists
- The 11 Greatest Southern Novels
- 10 odd stories behind famous authors' noms de plume
- 10 contemporary Southern authors you should be reading
- The 10 best spy novels
- 9 Barbies based on books
That's it for this week! Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!