Pardon me, but I've been lounging about on our new patio furniture instead of looking for links. I've got several, but not the variety that I'm used to posting. The pool water is almost warm enough to get in and sit in my favorite reading spot, and once that happens, Katie, bar the door! Summer is the most difficult time for me to blog.
Since I haven't won the lottery yet and gotten the pool heated so I can remain water-logged year round, I've turned my attention to cooking, cleaning up the yard, and going through my books. I'm determined to consolidate my books into the library and to use the wall of bookcases in the living room to display some of my antiques and other collectibles.
|A'purging I will go...|
That photo over there also shows my primary book mover. (You never know when an old office chair will come in handy!) The library is at the opposite end of the house. I started to carry the bags of books down here to the office, but I tweaked something doing yardwork last week and Denis keeps pointing a finger at me and saying, "Don't do it!" Since I've had my fill of doctors and hospitals for the next twenty years, I'm pretty much obeying his order (and my gut feeling-- ouch).
I've also been lining up more guests for Scene of the Blog, and in the weeks to come, you'll be able to meet book bloggers from Canada, Wisconsin, Iceland... who knows where I'll take you next!
Time to get to the links, eh? Let's do it!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Someone else is purging her books: Book purging worth the pain.
- Patrick Ness's top ten "unsuitable" books for teenagers.
- Flavorwire's What your favorite kids book then says about you now.
- Look who leads the list of the UK's top-earning crime writers.
- The top ten challenged books in 2010 in the US.
- Accessories for bookworms.
- An extremely rare book turns up in Sandy, Utah.
- Going to be in St. Louis? Go on the St. Louis Indie Bookstore Cruise. Book ahead, tickets sell out fast!
- A survey of evil children in literature.
- Ever have reader's block?
Architecture & Design & Bookcases
- A restaurant that features walls of books.
- 20 insanely creative bookshelves. (Some of them you've seen before, but there are new ones as well.)
- A book you can sleep in.
- Abandoned mansions.
- Where starving artists slept.
Blogging & Social Media Tips
That's it for this week, folks. I hope I found a thing or two that you liked. Stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly chosen batch of links for your surfing pleasure!