I'm still trying to figure out how it got to be Friday already. I think part of the explanation is that Denis (who drives a bus at Sky Harbor Airport) has begun working a new shift, and it's so different from the ones he's had that it's taking me longer to get used to the change. But I will!
We did manage to head out to Wickenburg this week. We drove out on the Vulture Mine Road and stopped at the Hassayampa River Preserve. You'll be seeing a photograph or two in the coming weeks. But enough chit chat. Let's get to the links!
- I really enjoyed this article which compares US and UK book covers.
- Google says that the desktop will be a thing of the past in three years.
- Timothy Hallinan, author of an excellent series of books set in Bangkok, Thailand has written a very interesting post for Murder Is Everywhere in which he talks about living in Phnom Penh. The post also contains several photos which I really appreciate.
- Want to find out what books famous people are reading?
- Agatha Christie delivers another mystery from beyond the grave.
- These two bookcases tickle me: one for a movie buff and one for a video game buff.
- How about a building made entirely of books?
- Ikea creates the world's largest outdoor bookcase on a beach in Australia.
- Or how about a collector who owns 700 editions... of the same book?
- 10 things you didn't know about Dr. Seuss.
- The Best Book Reviewers on Twitter.
- Create your own email signatures with WiseStamp.
- Boost Your Blog with Widgets.
- A neat little download that will fix broken links on your blog.
- Check out the newest book blogger at Reading Extravaganza!
- Check out the first in a new series, Cover Matters, at Book Smugglers.
- The Lipstick Chronicles wants to know: How do you decide which books to buy?
- Chris at Book-a-Rama talks about Blogging for Book (Deals).
- Carrie at Books and Movies talks about Cover Issues and Plus-Sized Characters.