You know...sometimes there's just not much going on that's interesting enough to talk about, and that's the case here at Casa Kittling. I don't think you want a blow-by-blow of my cleaning, sorting, and reorganizing, and the fact that I've been seeing birds gathering nesting material isn't enough to gab about at length, so...
I hear those links getting restless out in the corral. Head 'em up! Mooooooooove 'em out!
►Books, Movies & Other Interesting Tidbits◄
- What will libraries be like in 2100?
- Two novelists receive Oscar nominations.
- Germans still prefer a good book to Netflix and Spotify.
- When Val McDermid was here in Scottsdale, I didn't realize that she'd just been burgled!
- Researchers are developing a revolutionary Braille tablet for the blind.
- Alan Rickman in one of the best films about grief.
- This library is purging user records to protect your privacy.
- Egypt is launching a massive digital library.
- The gap between Star Trek Beyond and the other films, according to Karl Urban.
- Penguin has ditched the degree requirement for their job applicants.
- A new CBS television series will have an actress of color play a grown-up version of the teenage sleuth Nancy Drew.
- Amazon is shutting down Shelfari.
►Channeling My Inner Indiana Jones◄
- Outstanding Roman relics have been discovered along the side of the A1 roadway in Yorkshire, England. (All those times Denis and I have been on that road and didn't know what we were driving past!)
- A team of archaeologists in Honduras has unearthed ceramics at the "White City" site.
- There are several small islands around New York City, and some of them were once for undesirables-- like Roosevelt Island.
- A fascinating look at the forgotten Art Deco artifacts of the New Yorker Hotel.
- The earliest evidence of violent human conflict has been discovered.
►Channeling My Inner Elly Mae Clampett◄
- 18 squirrels become supermodels in a man's backyard.
►The Happy Wanderer◄
- The Salem Witch Trials execution site has been found, and you won't believe where it is.
- Get a big view of the world's largest miniature train set.
- Wanted: A royal housekeeper for the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Harry Potter fans can attend a real-life Hogwarts.
- The unexpected beauty hiding inside America's last fabric factories.
- Take a trip through Edgar Allan Poe's America.
- The German teens who rebelled against Hitler.
- You just can't make this stuff up: A woman accidentally joins a search party looking for herself.
- Raoul Wallenberg's biographer has uncovered important clues to what happened in his final days.
►I ♥ Lists◄
- 5 things every author needs to understand about book cover design.
- 6 literary characters Alan Rickman brought to life.
- 10 facts about Zelda Fitzgerald.
- The inspiring homes of 10 legendary artists.
- 5 steps to raising children who like books more than screens.
That's all for this week! Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll be sharing a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure.
Have a great weekend, and read something fabulous!