Spring cleaning should come with a warning label. Honestly! The whole house could've come down around my ears, but I finally came to my senses and stopped. I was tempted to go one step further and hide in the closet.
|Thought you were going to see spring cleaning?|
When I plugged in the vacuum cleaner to suck up the crud, I tripped the outlet to the freezer. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the freezer going, so I had to empty its contents into the freezer compartment of the refrigerator. Thus began an unscheduled defrosting of the freezer. Thank goodness, I was planning to do this so there was a lot less food in there!
After rounding up the rest of the rugs, I decided to turn on the fan and sit down for a minute to reorganize my work list. The fan stopped oscillating. A trip out to the laundry room found me almost breaking the light fixture. Let's see... sweeping, dusting... then I dropped the freezer drip pan full of water all over the craft room floor and had to deal with that. At this point I was beginning to lose my resolve, so I went into the family room to sit, knit, watch a few minutes of TV, and contemplate life. In two rows, I dropped four stitches.
I'm now skipping through some things, including a graceful stunt that drew blood.
I'd decided to put an end to a horrendous evening. Standing at the bathroom sink, gargling away, some mouthwash went down the wrong pipe. I started to choke and spewed mouthwash all over the mirror. That had to be cleaned up.
Yup. Spring cleaning should come with a warning label. Rounding up links is much safer!
Books, Movies & Other Interesting Tidbits
- RIP Terry Pratchett. You were one of a kind.
- Don't judge a book by its cover until you see how long it takes to design.
- Five stories you didn't know about The Sound of Music.
- The fate of footnotes in a digital world.
- What made me laugh most about The Worst Irish Accents Hollywood Has to Offer were the Liam Neeson Approval Ratings!
- Now someone has filed a complaint of elder abuse involving Harper Lee.
Channeling My Inner Indiana Jones
- Jupiter's moon Ganymede has a salty ocean with more water than Earth.
- A painting bought for 50¢ at a yard sale may bring thousands at auction.
- Historians are pondering the future of a Revolutionary War relic.
- An ancient receipt proves Egyptian taxes were worse than yours.
- The lost remains of the author of Don Quixote have been found in a convent in Madrid.
- Researchers have learned that the oldest Roman fort in Italy was used to protect the soldiers from pirates.
The Happy Wanderer
- I'm glad I didn't have to narrow a list down to just 30 images of Scotland!
- 38 (tongue-in-cheek) reasons you should never visit Scotland.
- If you were beginning to get the idea that I have Scotland on the brain, I'll seal the deal. Here are 19 epic road trips through Scotland. Denis and I have taken some of them, and we're in the midst of planning our next trip to the Highlands.
- 10 haunting, abandoned lighthouses with strange histories.
I ♥ Lists
- 26 of the worst things that can happen to a book lover.
- Fetishes aren't just a sex thing/ You might even have a few of these yourself. (I do!)
- 10 intriguing historical mysteries that were finally solved.
- If famous writers had Snapchat.
- 31 hidden (and rather strange) gems discovered with Google Street View.
- Jessamy Taylor's top ten castles in fiction.
- Famous writers' insults.
- Photographic proof that New Yorkers will read books absolutely anywhere.
- Unusual library collections around the world.
- Literary posters for book lovers and minimalists.
That's all for now. (I wish spring cleaning were finished!) Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll be sharing a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure.
Have a great weekend and-- Read something fabulous!