It's a grey and rainy day here in Phoenix. A huge weather system has moved in for the weekend. We need the rain, and the weather suits my mood a bit. Soon I'll be putting the ingredients for chicken and vegetable chowder into the slow cooker, turning up the volume on the music, and continuing to decorate the house for Christmas.
|Ho, ho, ho to go!|
I saw John F. Kennedy through the eyes of an only child whose father died when she was fourteen months old. While Mom worked the elections with a "Pack Your Bags, Mamie, the Kennedys Are Coming!" campaign button hidden under her lapel, I would look at all the photos of him with Caroline and John-John and think that he looked like he was a very good daddy. On November 22, 1963, someone robbed me of my daddy all over again.
So before I turn on the slow cooker and climb that step stool into my memories, let me find those links!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
I ♥ Lists
- A fun infographic showing the most popular books of all time.
- Volcano detectives uncover a monster ancient eruption.
- The folly of child-proofing Harry Potter.
- The story surrounding the man hiding a fortune in art stolen by the Nazis continues to unfold.
- Book discovery will be enhanced with Stumbleupon for eBooks.
- I absolutely love what these parents do for their children every November!
- Selfie is the Oxford Dictionary's word of the year.
- Impress your friends by using this foolproof strategy for finding Waldo.
- This dog has developed a unique friendship with his family's koi.
- History is being unearthed at James Madison's Virginia estate.
I ♥ Lists
- 25 more great American indie bookstores to support this holiday season.
- 10 book sequels not written by the original authors.
- 10 great books contemporary culture has forgotten.
- 12 vintage advertisements starring famous authors.
- 15 classic children's books that started as bedtime stories.
- 20 thoughtful gifts for the bookworm in your life.
- The luxury home libraries of your dreams-- and they're for sale!
- 10 terrific reading nooks. Which one is your favorite?
- Inventive ways to store your books.
That's all for this edition of the weekly link round-up; however, if things go as planned, there will be a special "treasure hunters" edition tomorrow. I had fun indulging my inner pirate one night, and I thought I'd share!
As always, don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!