You'd think that I'd be going through my 2500 UK trip photos as fast as humanly possible so that I can share them with everyone, but I'm not. In fact, I've been so busy restocking the pantry, planning meals, doing laundry, trying to catch up on a boatload of reviews, and working with Denis to turn Casa Kittling into a solar-powered abode that I'm running far, far behind on those photos.
To top it all off, I've been working as an inaugural book expert for a fantastic new social network called PopCircle. It's for all of us who love books, movies, music and television. I hope you'll all take a look. The link I gave you above is to the main page, and if you'd like to take a look at the books in all my collections, here's my PopCircle page. (That big green P in my social media links on my sidebar stands for PopCircle, by the way.) I'll be posting more about it later!
|My purchase in Inverness|
Speaking of books (I know... I tend to do that a lot), I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I'll be attending CozyCon II, hosted by The Poisoned Pen at the main branch of the Phoenix Public Library. I have my clothes laid out, my purse is loaded with notebook, pens, camera, spare battery, and my debit card. All I need to do is get some sleep, so I can be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when I meet all those authors. On to the links!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
I ♥ Lists
- After reading this article, I wouldn't mind working in the Google offices.
- Here's the list of this year's Edgar Award winners. I'm still doing my happy dance for Ben H. Winter's win for The Last Policeman. It's Best Paperback Original and one of the best books I read last year!
- Josh Hanagame writes about How Becoming a Librarian Saved Me.
- After forty years, 1400 stolen rare books have been returned to Lambeth Palace Library in London.
- Another reason why no library should be closed: Parents depend on libraries to nurture their children's reading habits.
- How poets pay the bills.
- Michael Wolff writes about the New York Times Book Review's retirement plan.
- The world's oldest romance novelist is still writing at age 105.
- Is the time right for eBook subscription plans?
- HarperCollins plans to unveil a digital original mystery line called Witness.
- Adobe released a report on the viability of digital magazines.
I ♥ Lists
- 10 films that contradict the endings of the books they're based on.
- 10 terms to describe the anatomy of a book.
- Visit some of history's most famous literary salons.
- 16 items that every Harry Potter fanatic must own.
- 25 vintage photos of librarians being awesome.
- Here's a toughie: can you guess the authors by their Nobel citations?
- 10 things you didn't know about Yellowstone.
- 10 weird things customers say in bookstores.
- 20 classic novels you've never heard of. (Au contraire, I'd heard of at least five....)
- 8 rare books that cost a fortune.
- 10 great movies based on poems.
That's it for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!