Perhaps it's because I do spend a block of time outdoors each day during the summer, but I find myself attuned to subtle changes. Denis has shaken his head at me more than once because I don't need a watch to tell the time when I'm sitting out in the pool. Let me take a look around and see how the shadows are falling, and my guesstimated time normally is within ten minutes of real time.
|Denis enjoying the pool and an audio book|
Links, links. Who's got the links? Me? Oh yeah... I do, don't I?
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week is coming-- September 10-14. This year they're trying something different: no awards. If you'd like to participate, you can register, and you have until September 9 to sign up for the interview swap.
- The Estella Society recently talked about blogger burnout, and I discovered that I had independently arrived at much the same conclusion. (I love it when that happens!)
- Now that the new has worn off, it's time to decide which literary phenomenon is better: Dan Brown or Stieg Larsson?
- Who knew you could make money at this? The Best Book Reviews Money Can Buy.
- A nice colorful infographic so we can see who's reading what.
- Abraham Lincoln's favorite poetry.
- What Kind of Book Reader Are You? A Diagnostics Guide. Part One. Part Two.
- Borrowing eBooks from Canadian libraries is on the rise.
- The Washington County Library System is inviting indie authors to submit their eBooks.
- eBook retailer Bilbary is partnering with libraries for mutual financial benefit.
- An interesting way to store books: a bookshelf tower and divider.
I ♥ Lists
- The Best (or Worst) of Apocalyptic Books
- Top 100 most sought after out-of-print books in 2012
- 19th Century writers who are even more relevant today
New to My Google Reader
It's going to be interesting to see how long it takes Denis to give me The Look when he discovers which photo I used in this post! If you hear insane shrieking, you'll know payback was by tickling.
I hope you found a link or two that tickled your fancy. I'll be back next weekend with a freshly selected batch for your surfing pleasure!