I've been a bit of a gadabout this week, so there aren't a ton of links for me to share. Things like getting the washer repaired so Denis could go to work in clean uniforms, watching it rain and seeing a rainbow, having my latest pap smear to ensure that cancer hasn't decided to take up unwelcome residence again, and other things have kept me from sitting at the computer.
Denis and I spent part of the afternoon at the Deer Valley Rock Art Center in the northwest Valley today, and we had a blast. I've been searching up a storm for more information about the place, but to no avail. The Center protects over 1500 petroglyphs in the Hedgepeth Hills of the northwest Valley. Denis and I walked an easy, short trail, encountered lots of wildlife that didn't seem overly concerned about our presence, saw lots of petroglyphs-- and took plenty of photos. I'll tell you all about our visit there at a later date, but I will show you this short video about the Deer Valley Rock Art Center:
Now let's get to those links!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- An interesting article in The New York Times about The Way We Read Now.
- The librarians at the Worcester Public Library maintain The Give and Take-- a bookshelf of free books in Union Station. People are encouraged to keep the books, return them, or replace them with other books.
- Those medieval scribes and copyists left notes in the margins of those illuminated manuscripts. Some of those notes are quite funny.
- A recent study proves that nature is to be found less and less within the pages of children's books. After the afternoon I just spent, I can't help believing that's a crime.
- For lovers of Craig Johnson's Sheriff Walt Longmire mysteries, you're probably awaiting the debut of A&E's series "Longmire" on June 3. Here's a promo clip on YouTube.
- I probably find this interesting because I'm still having fun with Pinterest. Pinterest is driving more blog traffic than Twitter.
- Here's a Spring in Literature quiz for you.
New to My Google Reader
- Brona's Books
- Tales of the Marvelous
- Alive on the Shelves
- Chapter 1 - Take 1
- Desktop Retreat
- View from the Hillside
- The Blue Bookcase
- Tales of Whimsy
That's it for this week. Be sure to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!