It's interesting what can confuse a person. For the last several years that I was a member of the work force, I had a schedule of which I boasted that everyone else's Monday was my Friday and everyone else's Friday was my Monday. But I wore a watch and knew what day of the week and month it was. I can't say that now. I can't tell you the last time I wore a watch, and with Denis's work schedule seemingly changing at each and every whim of the City of Phoenix, I have no clue what day of the week it is unless I plot it out on my calendar/planner. I have a better chance of telling someone what day of the month it is... and even then I'm liable to be a day or two off!
Denis and I spent a very relaxing week down in Bisbee last week, which was the reason for no link round-up. But I'm back, and my calendar assures me that it's Friday, so let's get some links rounded up!
Bookish News & Other Interesting Stuff
- A Pakistani bookseller's novel idea for his rickshaw.
- "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore," an Oscar-Nominated Animated Short Film.
- The Bookstore's Last Stand
- The 2011 Survey of Book-Buying Behavior
- A mysterious "winged" structure from ancient Rome is discovered.
- Some of my worst friends are books.
- In the land of the non-reader
- The Whoopensocker dictionary of American dialect completed after 50 years.
- A Dragons in Literature quiz
I ♥ Lists
- 12 books you need on your bookshelf
- 10 literary-inspired looks for a well-read wardrobe
- 10 legendary bad girls of literature
- The most dangerous novels of all time
- Your favorite authors' favorite books of all time
- The 20 Most Beautiful Bookstores in the World-- and I've been to #16!
- Book china. Write me down for one of the large platters!
- Lord of the Rings nail art
- Perfect for kids-- a whale of a bookshelf!
- I love this print-- 51 Love Stories.
- I like the looks of this type of "floating" shelf, but are the books comfortable?
- a bathtub made of books
- A bookcase by the bathtub
- Pinterest becomes the #1 traffic driver for several top retailers.
- I've recently joined Pinterest, if any of you care to look me up.
- Amazon Kindle still atop the list of unused Christmas gifts.
- The Poisoned Pen has added even more great 99¢ eBooks to their Discover Mystery page. It's a fantastic way to add some wonderful first-in-series mysteries to your library!
New to My Google Reader
- The Literary Cricket
- Secretly Skint
- Georgia Girl With an English Heart
- A Book Every Six Days
Well, that's it for this week. Be sure to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!