Last year I was very ill, and Denis cooked Thanksgiving dinner. All I could do was sit on a stool and supervise. This year I wanted to celebrate. Since celebrating doesn't mean spending a lot of time in the kitchen in my mind, we went out to a restaurant and let someone else do the cooking. And since we eat turkey year round, it's not the meat of a celebratory meal for either of us. What we don't eat much of at all is steak, and let me tell you, our steaks tasted wonderful! It was a perfect meal, and one of these years, Denis won't have to go to work afterward.
Once he left, I continued working on Christmas needlepoint projects and thinking about all my many blessings, but now it's time to round up those links!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- December 3 is Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day. If you don't have a child, borrow one-- this is important!
- Why It's a Great Time to Be a Reader.
- If you're in the Chicago area, here are 10 independent bookstores that are worth a stop for holiday shopping.
- 12 things everybody and his grandmother needs to know about Amazon Reader Reviews.
- Letter to My Young Blogging Self-- an excellent post on The Perpetual Page-turner.
I ♥ Lists
- The 25 Worst Passwords of 2011 are revealed.
- 10 of Film's Most Mouth-Watering Feasts
- The 10 all-time best TV shows adapted from books.
- 10 brand names that are gone but not forgotten
- Famous authors' harshest rejection letters
- 10 of the best books set in Las Vegas
Christmas is coming...
- Jumbo bathtub caddy with an adjustable reading rack. I gave one of these to a friend, and she loves it and uses it whenever she can. Warning-- you do have to take care in drying it out to prevent rust.
- A 2012 Book Lover's Calendar
My Nook Book Pick of the Week
- Dana Stabenow's A Cold Day for Murder, the first book in the Kate Shugak mystery series set in Alaska, is just 99¢!
- For their children, many eBook fans insist on paper.
- Nook Simple Touch tops Kindle Touch.
- How to get free books for you Kindle or Nook.
Social Media & Blogging Tips
- 5 reasons to use social bookmarking to promote your blog.
Did any of these tickle your fancy? Which ones?
Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!