It's been quite the busy week here at Casa Kittling. I had a check-up at my oncologist's, which amused me greatly. Both doctors knew something was different about me, but neither one of them could figure out what it was. I could-- the last time they'd seen me I didn't have white hair! Having started turning gray at the age of sixteen, by the time I was forty, I'd spent well over half my life with that color and decided to do something different. I figured that I'd pretty much be white by now, so my affair with L'Oreal has come to an end. Now I have what I call Peter Graves Hair, and I love it.
|A little pruning...|
I've also made stops here and there to stock up on some baking supplies. I'm still on the look-out for a new flour sifter, since the one I'd purchased was a dud.
|A preview of things to come!|
I also had a big surprise this week. Denis told me that he had a gift on order for me that should be arriving in a few days. I could either wait till Christmas or open it when it arrived. He then asked me what I would want, and I had only one answer. I couldn't quite interpret his smile until I opened the box yesterday. Inside was my very own Nook Color! I have yet to order any eBooks for it, but don't worry-- I will! Why was Denis smiling, you ask? Because the one thing I said that I wanted was the one thing that I got, that's why!
Since I've been doing a lot of other things besides looking for links, there aren't that many this week, but I've yakked enough, so let's get to them!
- I enjoyed the "Dear Bookstore Friends" letter written by local indie bookseller, Gayle Shanks of the Changing Hands Bookstore in Tempe.
Christmas is coming...
- For those of you who prefer a nice cup of tea or cocoa with your winter's evening of reading, the Victorian Trading Company has The Twelve Teas of Christmas and The Twelve Cocoas of Christmas.
- And if you are a devoté of tea, how about a new tea cozy?
- While I'm talking about getting all warm and comfy while reading this winter, how about a Cuddle Blanket? I don't know about you, but I don't need a blanket with sleeves. All I really need is something that won't let my feet hang out and get frozen, and this Cuddle Blanket has a big pocket for your feet as well as an accessories pocket for an extra book, reading glasses, etc.
- Follow all the photos down. If I had a loft apartment, I could see myself having one of these creative hubs!
- Scroll down to the thumbnails, and you'll see some gorgeous built-in bookcases.
- Same here: scroll down to the thumbnails for some more innovative bookcases. Some are repeats, but many are new.
I ♥ Lists
- Having read many of Dickens' novels, I had to check out this list of his five greatest works.
- 10 inappropriate coloring books that actually exist.
- Here's some information about Barnes and Noble's launch of the $249 Nook Tablet.
- An airport in Florida is offering 15,000 free eBooks to travelers.
- Are amplified eBooks the next big thing in publishing?
New to My Google Reader
That's it for this week. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!