It is now official. I'm 56, and I'm just now getting into cooking a bit more. I'll never love it, but at least I can see the value of having things on hand that I can turn into meals. Why am I saying this? Because a new upright freezer was delivered this week. Now I've got to go to the grocery store and buy things to put in it. However, if I play my cards right, I'll be cutting down the amount of time I spend shopping. That's a good thing because I don't like buying groceries.
Some new cushions for the patio furniture were also delivered, and I'll be taking some photos of my outside reading spaces for you to see some time in the future.
I have been sitting outside every afternoon, and I've been getting a lot of reading done. I've also been watching the wildlife. Have you ever seen two butterflies duke it out over some flowers? I have. A Cloudless Sulphur and a Giant Swallowtail. I've also been watching the verdins feed their young. (I intend to have a post about these funny little birds soon.)
The absolute hit of my afternoon wildlife listening has been the resident mockingbird who's learned how to imitate the clang of the light rail bell as it goes down the tracks a couple of blocks away. That's not the best in his repertoire, though. His best is singing the opening notes of "La Cucaracha". The first time I heard that, I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
Where are the links? Oops. This is the link round-up, isn't it? Let me see what I've been saving for you!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Family finds $45,000 in their new home-- and then returns it.
- Top ten books for end-of-the-world reading.
- Vintage On the Road book covers from around the world.
- The perils of reading pregnant.
- On the heated subject of casting adaptations.
- New trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
- Female magazine fans flock to the Nook Color.
- Barnes & Noble successfully markets "simpler" e-reader to women.
- Free Books for Kindle.
- Free and bargain Kindle books.
- Ereader News Today.
New to My Google Reader
That's it for this week! Stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure!