Evidently Blogger tried to reinvent the wheel this week. As a result, many of us have experienced missing posts and comments, and my routine got seriously disrupted. (I know... poor me!) Enough of the grumps, I have other news to impart.
Tuesday I had the great good fortune to meet fellow book blogger, Kay of My Random Acts of Reading. We met at our favorite indie bookstore, the Poisoned Pen. After making some serious dents in their shelves, we went to a table and chairs in the back and got down to serious business. First off, I had to take Kay's photo for Jen Forbus's Crime Readers Caught Reading Crime... at an Indie Bookstore. You'll be able to catch Kay toward the end of the month on Jen's blog.
Then we made two stacks of our purchases, and I took another photo. Kay and I will both be doing something with that photo. In fact, once I get this post done, I'll get to work on that.
Thank heavens the Poisoned Pen has a cooler filled with drinks because Kay and I talked so much that we were parched in no time! It's always great fun to talk books with a fellow addict, and it was wonderful meeting Kay. I can't wait for her next visit to the Phoenix area!
By the way, while we were sitting in the back of the store talking, one of the Poisoned Pen employees, Will Hanisko, came out of his cubby hole, talked blogging with us for a bit, and wound up bringing us a tall stack of advanced reading copies telling us to take as many as we liked. He didn't have to say it twice. Thanks, Will!
I'd better stop yakking and start linking, or the folks at Blogger will start working on their wheel again. Let's get to it!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Confessions of an Unapologetic Indie.
- A Peek Inside Famous Writers' Homes.
- Selling Books by Day, Writing Them by Night.
- An Open Letter to Customers Shopping the Liquidation Sale at the Bookstore Where I Work.
- Ten Reasons to Love Your Library.
- Writers at Their Typewriters. (Seeing these photos took me on a trip down Memory Lane....)
- 5 Questions Never to Ask at a Bookstore Reading.
- The collection of last copies may not have a home in the new Billings library.
- History's most distinguished literary hair.
- Say it ain't so, Joe! Built-in bookshelves take a hit as eBooks win the market.
- Top ten alternative realities in literature.
- Summer fiction: Around the world in 24 books.
- What your literary tote bag says about you.
- 10 devastatingly sad books.
- Science fiction facts.
New to My Google Reader
It's an abbreviated round-up this week, but we're at that time of year when I spend a lot of time outside. I take the heat much better than my netbook! Hopefully I still managed to find an article or two that piqued your interest. Don't forget to stop by next weekend when I'll have a freshly selected batch of links for your surfing pleasure. Have a great weekend!