Shame on me! I've been reading and creating more than I've been searching for links, although I could swear I just heard some sighs of relief from the studio audience....
I've been following the doctor's orders about not lifting more than he said, etc. and it's becoming a monumental pain. The better I feel, the more I want to do, but instead I'm sitting around in between books writing to-do lists.
To top it all off, I've had a burst of creativity and will be starting a new series of posts called Celebrating Mysteries. I used to have to think up fun and cheap ways to amuse the employees where I worked, and one of the resources I used was a website that lists all the monthy/ weekly/ daily holiday observances-- no matter how zany they are. A tweet on Twitter reminded me of the website, so I went there out of idle curiosity. Instead of remaining idle, I suddenly thought about using this to create monthly mystery themes so I would have yet another reason to talk about my favorite genre. Keep your eyes peeled for Celebrating Mysteries-- this month's theme will be taking us to the Emerald Isle!
Time to shut up and talk links, Cathy!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Author David Hewson has a fascinating post up: Another insight into how book thieves work.
- Lowest Reading Scores by State. Unfortunately it seems as though it's too hot to read in the state of Arizona. If you're an American, I hope your state isn't on this list.
- The Guardian shows us the 10 Best Neglected Literary Classics.
- All you book cover junkies might be interested in Jane Friedman's 10 Tips for Effective Book Covers.
- If you're in France, don't write that snarky book review-- you could get sued.
- Want to see a Nook Color turned into an in-dash car stereo?
- The British have begun using an American program (listed on my sidebar) that features dogs who listen to children reading.
- We've all got time for a Harry Potter quiz, right?
Blogging & Social Media Tips
New to My Google Reader
There you have them! I hope one or two gave you food for thought or made you smile. Don't forget to stop by next weekend for another freshly chosen batch of links for your surfing pleasure!