Wouldn't you know it... I'm feeling better everyday (which sounds weird if you know I've just been diagnosed with cancer) and managing to get more things accomplished each day... and soon I'll be facing surgery and going through recuperation all over again. Oh well, I've got my practice in, so the next round of R&R should be a breeze!
Why did I bring this up? Because I almost forgot about the link round-up! I've got a few bits and bobs to share with you, so let's get this show on the road!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Read about this bunch of Moms who have a clean approach to reading called Laundromat Literacy.
- Take a look at photos showing the day Niagara Falls ran dry.
- Take a fun quiz with Darkness in Literature as its theme.
- 20 things that became obsolete in the past decade.
- In You Are What You Read, George Mitrovich reminds me of the first time I ever saw a newsstand... in Los Angeles. I love newsstands!
- Take a look at the hypothetical iPods of some of literature's most interesting characters. You might be surprised at what they're listening to!
- Selling a Book by Its Cover tells about a man who creates custom libraries and "decorative book solutions" (books by the yard for designers and decorators), and I found the link to his website, Juniper Books.
- Want to see some more Bookstore Cats?
- The journey of the e-book.
- Is your e-book reading up on you?
- e-Books are good news for the literary world.
- e-Book Buyer's Guide to e-Book Privacy.
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Bernadette of Reactions to Reading has an excellent rant about the problems of trying to buy books in Australia. (Personally, I think there's an overabundance of house bricks around the world.)
- Book blogs have been filled with year-end reading statistics, so I really got a chuckle out of the stats on Ready When You Are, C.B.
- Amy of The Black Sheep Dances has a reading challenge that caught my eye: the 2011 Eastern European Reading Challenge.
- And how about Jen Forbus's Criminal Plots Reading Challenge?
New to My Google Reader
I hope you've found a link or two that tickles your fancy. Stop by next week when I'll have a brand-new batch for your surfing pleasure!