I'm sitting here waiting for the right time to leave for a doctor's appointment, and I had the bright idea of actually doing some sort of link round-up this week. I think I can come up with a halfway interesting batch. Let's see that's been lurking in that folder....
Bookish Architecture & Furniture
- Add some upholstery, an arm or two and maybe a flip-up footrest, and I just might buy one of these bookseats.
- A very stylish bookcase indeed.
- Take a look at a stylish bookstore in Chile.
- How's this for a home library?
- A bookcase room divider that's not really for bookaholics.
- Losing yourself in a Vietnamese book café.
- Staying in Manhattan? Book a room at the Library Hotel.
- This week's Tuesday quiz here on Kittling: Books told me that I should live in a Mediterranean home. Two others got the same answer, and we all think we should live on a Greek island. I'm thinking Santorini because I've found Atlantis Books. Go to the gallery page and click until you find a photo of the bookstore's terrace. Ahhhhhhhh!
- Let's tour some very cool converted bookstores.
Those Pesky E-Readers
- Cases to make E-Books look like the real thing.
- A step closer to the day I might buy an E-Reader.
- Does the rise of E-Readers take the fun out of giving books as gifts?
- I am not a Luddite.
Books & Authors
- Flavorwire's 10 Literary Family Dynasties.
- Author David Sedaris talks about a life spent on tour.
- A very expensive book.
- Test your knowledge of cold weather in literature.
- Have you heard about World Book Night?
- Ten of the best angels in literature.
- Ten of the worst movie adaptations of great books.
- 15 children's books written by famous people.
- Begone, stinky books!
Books in Fashion
- I love the annual Pimp My Bookcart Competition.
- A most fashionable Christmas tree for readers.
- Many readers have know about these for a long time. Hollywood's just now hearing about purses made from books.
- A lovely little book locket necklace.
A Serving of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter stars then and now.
- TV and movie stars sorted into Hogwarts houses.
- Rare Harry Potter book stolen.
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- Natalie of Book Line and Sinker has a post that will bring tears to your eyes: At a Loss for Words.
A Plethora of New-to-Me Book Blogs
- in so many words...
- A Bookshelf Monstrosity
- Badluckdetective's Blog
- Peppermint Ph.D.
- Reading, Writing, Working, Playing
- The 2 R's
- The Book Whisperer
- Hey, I want to read that
- Page Turners
- Books Are Like Candy Corn
- Wicked Wonderful Words
- Even Butterflies Think
- Under My Apple Tree
- Winstonsdad's Blog
- A Literary Odyssey
Well, that's it. I had to finish up after I returned home. All my pre-op stuff is done; I've been stabbed with needles and had my "picture" taken. A soft, gentle rain has fallen during most of the day here in Phoenix. Perhaps the rarity of the weather made me decide to take on a huge shop at the Super Target where I used to work. I almost ran out of gas and needed one of those motorized carts that I've sworn never to use. Instead I sat on the barstool I was going to purchase for a few minutes and then carried on.
Hopefully these links will provide a little entertainment with your coffee and quiet time this weekend. Take a little bit of time for yourself before you head out to slay the holiday beast.
Next week is my surgery, so I'm not promising any link round-ups. If you do see one, you'll know everything went exceptionally well (or I'm on extremely wonderful pain meds)!