It's cooled down to the mid-80s, so it may be safe to say that fall has arrived in Phoenix. We had visitors from our insurance company to take a look at the hail damage from that storm that steamrolled its way through about three weeks ago. The house didn't take kindly to being beaten unmercifully with golfball-sized hail. (Thank goodness we didn't live in the part of town that experienced tennis ball-sized chunks of ice!) Looks like Casa Kittling will be getting a new coat of paint, a new roof, a new carport, and a new window. After a transformation like that, I hope I pull into the right driveway when I come home!
Enough of that-- on with the links!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Flavorwire has two goodies this week: Classic Kids Book Covers Then and Now, and Horror Writers Graveyard: A Halloween Tour of Famous Memorials.
- 20 heroic librarians who save the world.
- I almost wish it got cold here so I could get one of these scarves!
- Amazon is going to allow the lending of Kindle e-books. Naturally there are all sorts of provisos.(And does anyone remember when Jeff Bezos ridiculed the idea?)
- I agree with independent bookseller Carol Besse: We need a revolution.
- Rock Books 101.
- We've talked about libraries with no books. How about libraries with no librarians?
- A book club for readers who will pay to be first. (As for me, no thank you.)
Blogging & Social Media Tips
- How to interview absolutely anybody.
New to My Google Reader
You've probably noticed that links in the "Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere" section have been light on the ground the past couple of weeks. Either I've missed all the goodies, or everyone's already gearing up for the holidays. Be that as it may, I hope you found something to tickle your fancy in the list above.
Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll have a fresh batch of links for your surfing pleasure. See you then!