This week the crime lovers here at Casa Kittling have been enjoying the premieres of some of their favorite television series: Castle, NCIS, Criminal Minds, and Hawaii 5-0. There's more to come, and I've been spending pleasant evenings with my honey watching handsome folks catch the Bad Guys while I stitch away on my needlepoint. My honey (AKA Denis) also found an absolute gem of a UK television series, New Tricks, about three retired police detectives who are drafted to solve cold cases. Veteran British actors handle a very enjoyable blend of comedy and drama with aplomb. The first two seasons are available in the US if you'd like to give it a try.
Sheesh, you'd think I'd forgotten all about the links, eh? Here they are!
Bookish News & Other Fun Stuff
- Flavorwire has a very funny article about promotional author photos.
- 20 Brilliant Bookcases. (The rafter shelves got my mind whirring. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer straight shelves that don't wedge my books together at odd angles. Dammit, Jim! I'm a reader, not a fashionista!)
- Cathy Cassidy's top 10 stories about sisters.
- A truly bookless library.
- eReader users buy more-- and read more-- books. (According to the statistics they quote, me 'n' my Edsel-- paper books-- get much better mileage. But then I usually escape the statistics colander.)
- Call me weird, but sometimes I like learning folks' real names: Pen names in literature.
Blogging & Social Media Tips
- 10 Controversial Twitter 'How To' Issues.
- 18 Types of Posts That Get More Comments.
- How to customize your blockquotes in Blogger.
Around the Water Cooler in the Book Blogosphere
- On Reading With Tequila: Have you been participating in Harry Potter Week?
- On Hey Lady! Whatcha Readin'?: Avoiding Phone Calls.
- On Lynne's Book Reviews: (1) We need to get back to Blogging without Obligation, and (2) Does your family support your blogging and reading addiction?
New to My Google Reader
That's it for this week. I hope you found a treasure or two in there somewhere. Don't forget to stop by next Friday when I'll have a fresh batch of links for your surfing pleasure. See you then!
Have a great weekend!